Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Hug Your Man

So, the other day, my husband and I had one of our typical little spats. We rarely ever fight, but we occasionally get tense at each other when one party begins to feel resentful over something like division of labor and the perception that the other one isn't pulling his or her own weight.

When you've been married for ten years, there are many things that can begin to irritate.

The day after that, I talked to a friend who confided in me that she and her husband were getting a divorce. She discovered that he had put up an ad stating that he was single and looking.

She is such a wonderful woman. This behavior seems so inexplicable and inexcusable. It really put the whole "you're not picking up enough around the house" tension into perspective.

When I got home, I gave Tad a big hug and let him know how much I appreciated him. Minor irritations aside, he is a really wonderful man.

No comments: