Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Last Day of School!

A thrilling day for the boys: "No more homework, no more books. No more teacher's dirty looks!"

Off for the entire summer with nary a structured activity in sight.

I looked through some of the work that they brought home. I found this essay in Ethan's pile of papers:


Wuns I went too monotana. I canot remembr haw old I was. There was a rir and ther was a briige ovr it. The watre wusnt very swift and it has a litl sand. Then mom sau a frog and we cot it. We spent the hol day with it then we went to dinr. The necst day we went to the othr sid of the rifr. We cot a fatr frog. Then the thrd tim we went ther we did not cech a frog.

Yes, I know, tons of mistakes, but I'm still so proud....

Below a photo of the first frog, named Sweetie Pie.



Here is a journal entry from Colin along the same theme:

10 Best things About Summer

  1. Camping
  2. Sun
  3. Swiming
  4. no home worck
  5. fishing
  6. redeing

Apparently, he couldn't think of anything pleasurable after "redeing."

No comments: