Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Vacation Begins




We (I) spent much of Sunday obsessing over the Camp Collins packing list and making sure that they had everything that they really needed (soap and shampoo weren't on the list -- does that mean it's provided????).

In the end, we got the boys packed in the car and got ourselves away.

As we drove towards Gresham, I was suddenly overcome by a very strange feeling of unease that centered in my belly. It took me a bit to realize that I was suddenly quite anxious about losing the boys for an entire week, in stark contrast to the fit of hilarity I'd shared just a few days prior with the postal clerk.

But then we checked the boys in, went out to a spontaneous dinner, then hit a movie at the local theatre/pub and I felt much better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

By the way, I like the new look of your blog.

This separation is just the beginning. Think about the next time they go away for a few days. Think about when camp comes around next summer. Think about when they go off to college.

While it is just the beginning, it is very healthy for everyone. The boys experience new things, and so do you and Tad. Everyone wins!