Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Day

We had a terrific Easter Day. We invited the in-laws in for Easter dinner:


It was yummy (is that okay to say myself?)! Prime rib, lovely salad, decadent potatoes, oven-roasted brussels sprouts and yorkshire pudding:


I was pretty pleased with the yorkshire pudding. Having read all the "All Creature Great and Small" books, loads of Agatha Christie and gobs of other British literature, I've always been curious about it. After reading the Joy of Cooking recipe, I was surprised to find that it's basically a German pancake, but without the sweet stuff.

It was pretty yummy!

The day's activities included egg dyeing:


And, later on, a neighborhood egg hunt:



I'd write about the dessert (THREE kinds! Almond macaroons, eclairs and flan!) but I'm feeling too bloated...

No comments: