Monday, October 13, 2008

Time Warp

We went home to Medford a few weeks ago to visit my mom's house, aka the home that time forgot.

My mom is a big proponent of weird, generic dollar store "bargains."

There were about a dozen bottles of "L.A.'s Totally Awesome Window Clean tucked away in a spare bathroom. Wouldn't most people make the assumption that any product called "L.A.'s Totally Awesome" anything might be slightly suspect?

Anyway, I put the cleaner through its paces and found that it was really pretty much blue food coloring and a hint of ammonia to make it smell useful.

There are also quite a few products that my mom seems reluctant to throw out, although I can hardly believe that she's keeping that petroleum jelly for sentimental reasons. I took a few pix of some various items.

It was only a few years ago that the threw out the bottle of Jean Nate that I had bought in high school... ummm.... a few years ago...

Anyway, take a look at a few of the things I found at her house.

Doesn't that Beef-flavored Smack look totally delish?


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I especially like the Lander's White Petroleum Jelly. At 3 for 84 cents, that would today be quite a bargain. I can only imagine how old it must be to have been priced like that.

I had the unfortunate task some years ago to clean out my mother's house when she passed away. As a lifelong pack rat, she had her share of treasure, too. It was a tough circumstance, but a wonderful trek through time. Your photo expedition into the cupboards brings back fond memories of my youth.

Thanks for the trip.