Monday, November 17, 2008

Kitty drinking fountain


Earlier this year, after years of Tad caring for it, I became, via a shift in our chore roster, the primary care giver of our acquarium.

Since my takeover of our little underwater biosphere, I've added multiple water plants, a snazzy little "moss ball" (like a green tribble), a cute little tiger-striped eel thingie, some shrimp and a frog to our population of mostly guppies and a flock of impossible-to-kill zebra tetras.

I've really enjoyed being the god in this tiny aquatic world.

I found it odd how often I had to replace the water in our aquarium, but chalked it up to evaporation, until I caught Joey, lapping up water from the little waterfall in the back, fountained up by the filter.

It actually makes a very convenient kitty drinking fountain for him.

No comments: